The cost for the SIMPLE Pectus surgery for pectus excavatum can vary from $14,000 to $22,000. This is considerably less than the cost of Nuss and Ravitch procedures since no hospital stay is needed. The costs vary for individuals, depending on implant size, length of surgery, your choice of placement under or over the pectoral muscles, and other patient-related individualized factors.
Some patients choose fat grafting, in order to enhance the results in the upper part of the chest where implants cannot be placed. This lengthens the surgery and involves additional costs. Pectus excavatum repair cost details are as follows:
- Consultation visit fee (credited towards surgery): $150
- Implant molding: $500 (if done in our office)
- Implant creation by 3D CT scan: $5000 (charged by the lab)
- Implant (depending on size): Appx. $2000 (charged by the lab)
- SIMPLE Pectus Repair (over the sternum, under the skin): $10000
- SIMPLE Pectus Repair (under pectoral muscles): $14500
- Fat grafting (optional add-on): $3000 extra
- Anesthesia / O.R. costs (1-2 hours is typical): $1600 – $2400
- Follow-up office visits with us for 1 year: Included
SIMPLE Pectus technique is intended to improve appearance, not one’s health. Health plans do not cover (and we do not bill them for) cosmetic appearance treatments. If you plan to use HSA or FSA accounts to pay for your surgery, we can provide a letter of support. This letter will indicate that the treatment is done to help repair a congenital condition.
Pectus Excavatum Repair Cost & Financing
During your consultation, we’ll specify exactly what YOUR exact costs. At that time, a detailed fee estimate will be given.
In addition to cash and checks, our office accepts major credit cards. We also accept CareCredit for a monthly payment plan. When you visit, you can apply for CareCredit at no cost. Click Here to Apply for FREE.